May 8, 2020 @ 1:10 PM
New Life Worship Center Family,
Just want to say, Donna and I miss you and thank you for your faithfulness and flexibility during this COVID-19 pandemic. God has kept His hand on us, and as far as I know, not one member has come down with the virus. To God be the glory!!!
I want to give thanks to our media and worship teams for doing a great job providing us with ministry during this season. As of date we have registered New Life with the state of Louisiana for “Opening our Business Safely” with a safe, phased-in approach. With this in mind, I wanted to send you a message on how we are approaching the days ahead.
Beginning THIS COMING WEEKEND, May 10 we will have our first service on site @ 10:30 AM with no PM service. IT WILL BE OUTSIDE on the East Side of the building, Celebrating “Mother’s Day”. We are allowed to sit in chairs on the grass as long as we honor a social distance among ourselves. Families may sit together. If you don’t feel comfortable sitting outside you may sit in your vehicle. (BRING YOUR OWN CHAIRS).
According to Governor Edwards the project date of “Phase 1” is May 15th. I will know more when that day comes. When we enter into “Phase 1” we will be gathering inside for service. We will have two services, one at 8:45 AM and another at 10:30 AM. I am asking for the elders 40 and above to the early service. When we hit our limit of people we will not be able to let you in according the rules of the State of Louisiana. Here are a few things we feel important for you to know and understand:
- Our building will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and during our weekend services. Hand sanitizer stations will be available.
- We will ask that you adhere to requested social distancing guidelines. (6 feet, except your family members). Please no handshakes. Waves and smiles are very welcome!
- We will endeavor to have doors open for you so you won’t have to use door handles.
- Please keep “distancing” in mind (side to side, in front and behind) as you choose a seat(s) in the sanctuary.
- Protective masks and gloves are permissible in service.
- If you or a member of your family is sick please do not come to service on the campus.
- There will be no youth class, children’s classes or nursery. All ages will worship together in each service. As a reminder to mothers of infants, there is a diaper changing table in the “Mother’s Room”.
- We are asking students and children to sit with their family in the sanctuary.
- Offering baskets will be placed on the edge of the platform in the sanctuary for you to give as you feel led throughout each service. We will not come forward as a church to give or pass giving baskets.
- We will dismiss from each service by sections and we ask that there be no congregating in groups in the building. Please be reminded that on Sunday after the early service we will have others arriving for the second service.
We are taking this day by day and hour by hour in consultation with our leadership team as well as state and local officials. We may modify our number of services/ service times each weekend in May as this all unfolds. We will communicate any service schedule changes to you early each week. For the remainder of the month of May, Wednesday night worship services will continue to be online, not on campus. You can check our website (newlifebossier.org) and social media platforms for information on these lessons and times.
Finally, we are endeavoring to provide a safe return to worshiping together at New Life. God is helping us and He is worthy to be praised. When we come together…let’s worship, give and bless the Lord! The church is desperately needed in the world right now.
Thank you for your prayers and for your support. Your texts, calls and messages are such a blessing. We’re blessed to be in the kingdom of God together right now.
Please let us know if you have questions. Glad to be in the New Life Family,
God bless, Pastor Hehnke